Saturday, March 26, 2011

Mario Birthday

Connor is SEVEN. In school this year he got to be deputy of the week. We worked together to make this fun poster with facts and pictures of Connor. He got to help his teachers all week long. Both the class and Connor had fun the day Connor got to take a book in to read. He chose the book "Silly Faces See Me at the Circus". The teacher said that the kids all really enjoyed this silly book. I let Connor choose his theme for his birthday party this year. He had a difficult time deciding between Michale Jackson and Mario. I suggested that he flip a coin. Connor thought that was a great idea, and Mario won! I would have been happy to come up with either party, but was pleased to put together a Mario party. He has been into Mario for a few years, and I enjoy stretching my imagination.


This was the invitation I came up with. I was pleased that he could tell what I was trying to do.

I decorated using stars. Connor was OK with this. He really wanted boxes with question marks on them. I am sure that would have been really cute, but sometimes their just isn't enough time to do everything.


I was so happy that Connor's friends were able to come. It wouldn't be a party without his friends.




Connor's Cake. I kept this simple this year. I used cupcakes to make the letter M for Mario!



It has become a bit of tradition to serve pizza at the kids parties.


We came up with some fun games using ideas from Mario Party Eight game.

This is how we pulled of the game "cut from the team". You could not tell who's string you were cutting up until the last two strings, so we had to have the last person cutting close their eyes. It turned out to be a lot of fun.

some of the other games we played were.


"Mash pit playroom"

We had three different color balloons. About nine of each color. The kids were divided into three different teams. The goal of the game is to pop all of your teams color balloons first.


"Sugar Rush"

We had a cupcake with simple decorations. I used Frosting, red chocolate star, and red and blue M&M's. The kids had to decorate their cupcake to match.


"Balloon Pump Game"

We used a bike pump and water balloons (NO WATER). The kids were timed to see how quickly they could blow up their balloon and make it pop. I could not remember the name of this game on Mario eight, but this was one of the kids favorite games.

March 26, 2011


On Connor actual birthday we took everyone out to eat and then came home for presents. Connor was happy to get a new bike.


He also got a few other fun toys.




Dad was happy to work with Connor to put together his new Lego.

Happy Birthday Connor


No comments: