Tuesday, March 15, 2011

We didn't even make it out of the driveway

Paul is a great Dad. Hannah asked Paul if he would join her on a bike ride today. He had not been home for very long. Dinner was finished and cleaned up and we had finally just sat down to talk with each other for a bit. Paul commented "I have not had a break all day. Give me just a minute and we will see." The only problem with going out on a bike ride on the very first spring like day is that the bikes have not been looked at for months. Paul changed his shoes and went to work pumping up tires. Bonnie came in crying that she was going to get left behind. I told her to stop crying and hurry to get her shoes on. The only reason they would leave her behind was if she was crying like baby. Everyone was happy and ready go. It had only been a few moments of quite when Paul came back in. "We didn't even make it out of the driveway!" Connor decided to try to go down the last part of the driveway on his bike and fell off. Paul being the wonderful Dad that he is got a band aid. I am sure it took a few hugs and kisses to stop the crying, but they made it.The kids and Dad went of their first bike ride for the year. The only thing that needs to happen now is for Paul to get is own bike so we can all go on a ride together. I guess maybe I am the nice one to let Paul borrow my bike.

No comments: