Thursday, August 7, 2008

Just Keep swimming

Some times I feel like that little fish on Nemo only my song is a little different: Just keep cleaning just keep cleaning! Laundry, Cleaning, Cooking these three simple things could keep me busy all day every day and guess what none of them ever stay done! I believe that one reason the job as the housekeeper stay out home Mom can get so frustrating is the simple fact that even when you accomplish something such as ALL the laundry is done: washed folded and put away. By the time you go to bed there is more to do and usually the task doesn't stay done for that long. I have been making an effort to enjoy the everyday stuff, and what I have come to realize is: as I have made special time for my children and husband all of a sudden I have begun to really enjoy them. The challenge comes when I have a very difficult time being happy when I feel like my house is falling apart! I am constantly trying to find a balance. I've wanted to keep up with all my families fun summer activities through blog. I had this illusion that it would be easier than scrap booking, but I just keep getting behind. The goal for me is to remind myself that I don't have to keep up with other people. I am not the mother that got Hannah's birthday pictures up on the blog the day of her birthday, but hey she did get a birthday and at some point those pi cutes just my appear on this blog! Today has really been a good day! I have accomplished cleaning all three bathrooms, the kitchen, the kids bedroom (the kids think they cleaned it. They were good helpers!), and all most my craft room. For now I feel good about the accomplishments of today and tomorrow I will start all over again!

4 comments:

Aubrey said...

Good for you, Amannda!! I love the feeling of getting things accomplished!!!

Adhis said...

My office is the room that taunts me. I clean it, I declutter it, I organize it, but after a month or two, it takes a time machine trip to its pre-organized era. And guess what the majority of the mess stems from? PHOTOGRAPHS!!

Jenn said...

Thanks for sharing. Now I don't feel like I'm the only one. I too dislike laundry and dishes because they are never done. As for not getting Hannah's birthday picture up, I'll share with you my secret. One the special day I go and start the post. Most of the time just title it. When you post it, the date is the day you started it. I currently have two posts I'm working on(is that cheating?).

♥Concerned♥ said...

I love you Amannda. I hope you and your family are doing well.