Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Happy Birthday To ME!

Another year has gone for me. I loved the saying from the talk that was shared on Sunday, "The Best is Yet to Be." My dear older sister took me out to lunch yesterday. After waiting for twenty minutes to be seated at the olive Garden and being told their was still another 10-15 min. wait we headed over to Chuck Arama. It's silly but I love their corn bread. It was fun to get to talk, laugh and just spend some time with my sister. I'm grateful to have wonderful visiting teachers: Jen Cooper was fabulous and kept Connor and Bonnie so that I could really enjoy my time with my sister, and then I got to have both my visiting teachers Jen and Kathy Carbine come over and visit me. I got a card from them with a picture of one of Kathy's painting's that women is one talented individual, and I'm grateful to have had the opportunity to get to know both of them!

I love special days that give me an opportunity to reflect. It helps me to be grateful for life, and the chance it gives me to learn and grow. In the past year I can say that I feel like I have developed more in my understanding and love for the gospel and exspecially for the service of others. I have gained a better appreciation for my little family. My husband who works so hard to provide for us, and balance his life between work, school, and family time. My three little monkeys. They give me lots to do laundry, house cleaning, and teaching. I I love them!

As I said Before I'm excited for another year!

The Best Is Yet To Be!

9 comments:

Joyful Mother of Children said...

Oops! Guess I got the birthday question wrong on the email you sent! Well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Helen said...

Happy Birthday Amanda. I have loved getting to know you. You have the cutest family. I hope you have a special birthday. Thanks for all you do!

Brennda said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I didn't read every question right on that thing you emailed. I thought it said who is your birth mom, not what is your birth month. Anyway Iwas trying ot hurry and fill it in. Way cute, I sent it to Taylor and he cracked me up. Anyway Happy Birthday hope you have a great day!

Aubrey said...

Happy Birthday, Amannada! I hope you had a GREAT day and here's to a wonderful year ahead! You are one of the most wonderful people I have ever met. I'm glad to call you, not only my RS President, but also my friend! :)

Adhis said...

Well, earlier this week, I told myself I'd remember and do something special for you. That was before berzerko baby decided to possess my little angel.

Sigh... at least you have a good visiting teaching partner. Oh. Wait.

Janet said...

Happy Birthday! I hope that you had a great day. Hey and there's nothing wrong with chuck a rama right? :)

Jennica said...

Happy Birthday Amanda...I am glad you had a good one and some quality bonding time with your amiga.

Kat said...

I am glad to hear that you had a great birthday! Thanks for being such a great person!

HOLLY said...

Cute Blog and cute kids...and Happy Birthday a bit late;) Hope you don't mind me peeking at your blog...I found it on Sharee's.