Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My girl got Glasses

A letter came from school a couple months ago. Hannah failed her eye exam. Well we took her in to see the Bishop. That's what we do in our ward our bishop can help us through sin and correct vision, not every ward is blessed with such a helpful Bishop. Seriously we are pleased to be able to have our eye care with someone that we know and trust, and when Hannah went in she was actually seen by his brother, who is a really nice guy too. So to make a long story short after once eye exam and a week and 1/2 of waiting Hannah has glasses. As the mother of a child wearing glasses I am terrible worried. We have been over the rules many times: NO ONE plays with the glasses they are NOT a toy! If you do not have them on they must be put in the case. Do NOT put them down face down the lenses will scratch. I fear the day when she has to come to me and tell me that they are lost or broken. I hope that I can be a calm loving mother, but the more practical side of me that knows my self much better knows that the thing that will go flying across my mind is the price tag of these cute little pink glasses with flowers on the side. Tomorrow starts day two with glasses one day down! The made it home from school and in one piece. Only time will tell how long they last! At lest she has been really excited about having them and enjoys wearing them.

6 comments:

Sheree said...

She looks so darling!

Kat said...

She looks adorable! I grew up with glasses and I can understand how you feel. When I got hit in the face with a frisbee and broke my glasses (two weeks after I got them), I thought my mom was going to cry. However, they do make glasses a whole lot more durable now than the ones I grew up with. :) Good luck!

becky said...

They are so cute. I had glasses since I was 5. And they were not cute 25 years ago. I bet she will great.

Adhis said...

Something WILL happen to them. It's just part of growing up with something you were not born with. So, be prepared to shower her with lots of love and understanding. :)

Janet said...

She looks super cute! Lexi got glasses too.

Brennda said...

I remember a lens popping out of the frames when we were eating at mcdonalds or somewhere like that. Mom was so mad. It took me forever to find it but I did and we took it to shopko to get it fixed. Mom wasn't too mad I had to wear them or I couldn't see a thing so it wasn't really my fault.