Saturday, November 22, 2008

Learning about myself from Movies

On Sundays I often turn the radio onto FM 100. My kids love to have the music on and it's nice to have a little up lifting music for a couple of minutes as we drive to church. Well, a couple of weeks ago they started playing Christmas music. I have lately realized that it helps me be little nicer driver.

In the last month I have come to realize that I need a little help with anger management. OK, I really am not some crazy girl that plays the role of Relief Society President, but honestly I have some really good lungs I and do yell at times. Lately, I began to realize that I need to focus on my temper when I was watched the movie Hulk and thought, "It would be really nice to be able to have one of those watches that will inform me when I am about to explode. Then I could simply nicely tell my kids, "You really should stop what you are doing and obey, It really isn't going to be good if you don't stop whining to me." The second movie I recently related to was Kung Phu Panda. I have found myself driving in the car saying "Inner Peace, Inner Peace."

Well, at least I have come to the first step recognizing that there is a problem. How lucky am I to have so many wonderful movies to help me improve myself.

5 comments:

becky said...

I think all moms feel like that sometimes. Especially with the whinning.

Chris and Kat said...

Hey-when you find that watch... buy it by the case load. I know I need one and it would be a hot topic for others...

Adhis said...

I like that:
"Inner peace. Inner peace."

I can certainly use that mantra.

Kat said...

I love Kung-Fu Panda. We hadn't seen it till we rented it on Red Box the other day. It has some great lines in it. I need to remember "Inner peace" in my car too. :)

Amber said...

Hey Amannda,
I need to see that movie - I always compare myself to movies, too. We decided to make our blog private, so if you'd like an invite, send me an email...
ambergregg@netzero.net
Thanks!