Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Weekend, SOOO much Fun!!!

Easter weekend was a blast! We started the weekend off in West Valley attending the 8:30 am egg hunt. The kids had lots of fun getting with their aunts, uncles and cousins. Connor was excited to be in the same age group with his little uncle Philip.
This was the first year all three kids were in different age groups. Paul went with Bonnie, Hannah got to go with Grandpa Steve, and Connor went with Mom.

Boonie did such a good job getting candy. She was so excited about all the strawberry candies that she got!

Hannah did great too. Grandpa said that she seamed a little scared to get lost, so she didn't go very far out into the field. We latter realized that it may have been because she didn't wear her glasses. Uncle Alex mentioned that each time she came a cross a piece of candy she looked surprised to find it.


After the egg hunt we headed back to Grandma Pam's house to color Easter eggs. Even while doing such a fun activity Bonnie can pull of her grumpy face! Bonnie had a good time, but she really wanted to put her egg in pink NOT red!
Bonnie only dropped and cracked one egg this year.
Connor loved coloring the eggs!


Hannah has become an old pro when it comes to egg decorating. Everyone had lots of fun hanging out and decorating eggs.



While the kids were buys decorating eggs some of the adults headed out for an egg hunt for our selves. When it comes to contests of any kind all of us can be very competitive. We had a good time at Hollywood Connection participating in the egg hunt. They had it in the laser tag game area, so it was different and fun. They had some really fun prices available.




I ended up with the egg containing the ticket for Brittney Spears. I thought about taking my sister with me, and then realized the concert would be taking place while I was away in Las Vegas. I decided to post them on KSL, and got $50.00 out of them. My sister said that the price may have been a little low, but to me it was like I made $50.00 from an egg hunt.


Once we got back home Hannah was really nice to sit down and split her candy up between all of her family.



Connor had a really good time going through his candy too.


As for Easter, The bunny came to our house! The kids got some fun things in their basket. They loved the little bunnies that pooped jelly beans!






They were not as excited to go and take pictures, but it is Easter for Mom too. I was a little sad not to have sewn the girls dresses this year, but I just didn't give myself enough time. However, I made sure to make the girls hair bows and a little bracelet for each of them. As for Connor I tried to talk him into getting a nice pink shirt or tie to match the girls, but he thought I was crazy to ask a boy to wear PINK. I explained to him that the shirt is in the boys section, so some boys must wear pink. He was not willing. I gave him a couple of different options, and in the end the blue looks really nice with the pink. I love having this cute little boy to sand which in the middle of my two beautiful girls!
My Gorgeous Girl!

My handsome boy!

My Sweet Little One

Me and My BOY
After taking some pictures we hurried off to Grandma Lois' house.
We were excited to get to see both of Paul's Grandmas, Grandma Libby and Grandma AshbyThe girls with Grandma Ashby
It was also lots of fun to see Uncle Walter again!

We had a wonderful Easter. It was fun to see Hannah growing and maturing so much this year. She continually reminded us what Easter is really all about. We have been very blessed, and are grateful for holidays to provide a special day to spend with family and remember what is important in our lives.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Ok, 2 things....1-I WOULD OF LOVED THE BRITTIANY TICKET!! 2-I TOTALLY got, or the easter bunny totally brought the pooping jellybean bunny to our house to! My kids LOVED them!! we are so much alike, it is scary! Miss you!

Tanya said...

so you make your own bows. i've been wanting to do that. how did you learn...websites? books? i love the ones you made your girls. i would love to even make that one if you can direct me in the right direction of how:)

kitty said...

Cute pictures of the kids on Sunday. You know, Trev still wears his pink tie around - I tell people he must be very comfortable with his masculinity.

Also...don't you love Grandma's that are brave enough to sit 15 kids up to their table for dying eggs!? I'm not brave enough to try that with the three I have.

Looks like it was a fun filled Easter.