Thursday, April 9, 2009

Mom Pulled Hannah tooth!

No, this is not Hannah's first tooth for her to loose. However, it is her very first loose tooth. Hannah has had to have a few teeth pulled by the Dentist. She has two spacers in the bottom holding space for those teeth, and one tooth on the top that has been pulled out. For over a month Hannah has been having us check how loose her two bottom teeth have been getting. Well, she came home from school and once again showed me her tooth. I was surprised she didn't loose it at school. The tooth was barely hanging on. She asked me if I could pull it out. I have watched my Mom pull many teeth of mine and my brother's and sister's mouths, so I figured this is an important Mom job. I told Hannah to bring me a Kleenex, and it might hurt. One tug latter the tooth was out. After I pulled away she asked if it was out, and I asked if it was bleeding. Yes, the tooth was out and it was bleeding just a little . She was very excited to be able to have the tooth fairy come and bring her a dollar.

Not but one week latter Hannah came home from school and the other bottom tooth was really loose. Again she asked me to pull it. She had all ready spent her last dollar at the dollar store and was excited about the opportunity to get another dollar. One pull and a bit of pain the tooth was still hanging on. Hannah asked me to give it one more try, and sure enough with one more pull the tooth was out.

In the last couple of weeks Hannah has turned into our little Jack-o-latern. We are all excited for her big teeth to grow in, and hope that they are a bit stronger than some of her baby teeth have been.

Be True to your Teeth or they will be False to you !

4 comments:

becky said...

She is so cute. How fun to be so excited for missing teeth! We are not quite there but I keep waiting.

Chris and Kat said...

Hannah-
I have the same loose tooth. mine isn't as loose yet. I have lost three on the bottom and one of my big ones is coming in.
love B

kitty said...

EWE - Dad pulls the teeth at our house. I don't have the guts to do it!! :)

Thanks for your hair comments on my blog. I used to feel the same as you do about spending money on hair. I have cut Trev's hair for ten years now. My girls only get a trim once a year - and I use my ridiculously dull scissors. (doesn't turn out very well - but braids hide a lot)

As for me, I was one of those gals that trimmed my own bangs when they got out of control - maybe I'd pay twenty five dollars for a trim or cut once a year. Or sometimes I'd trade piano lessons for a perm or something to switch it up. A couple years ago I had several people tell me about a guy who was "SO GREAT" and I had one of those days where I looked in the mirror and thought....I'm doin it!

I honestly didn't know what to expect price wise - but I took my checkbook and went in. I admit that I cringed a bit when I had to write out an 85.00 check, but I had never been so happy with my hair.

Needless to say - I haven't been able to give him up. I may not always get what I want - but I am always pleased.

Might I add that I am still cheap. Whenever my sisters are in town, they do a home hightlight job for five bucks. (which gets me another three months down the road) And I have tried a gal in the ward for ten bucks this last year. Also, a girl in Kuna for twenty bucks last year (but I always end up going back to Mr. Hair that can fix whatever I mess up in between his costly cuts!)

I don't ever want to be a high maintenance hair woman (you know the kind that spend oodles and go in every six weeks) But I am glad that I made the move away from my old ways - I feel good about being inbetween low maintenance (and never pleased) and high maintenance (breaking the bank). Anyway - you know it's dangerous to get a woman started on the hair subject ..... I could keep on going. :) I'll spare you.

Take care and have a wonderful Spring.

Callie Canlas said...

amanda! so sorry about gymnastics today! the kiddos are sick still and i was up at BYU this morning. i forgot to have jon call to let you know they woulndn't be there. hopefully they'll be better for next week.