Friday, June 19, 2009

Connor's New thing!

Connor is the kind of boy that gets a bit obsessed with things. He is really into the computer but that comes and goes as he discovers new things. For a while it was playing on webkinz. Then he discovered if he types things into the computer such as spider man he can find it on the computer. He spent a couple of days pulling DVDs off the shelf and typing the titles into the computer to see if he could find anything. I figured this was an excilent learning tool.

Lately his new thing has been playing an old Mario game on the Nintendo Wii. I told Connor that in a couple of minutes he needed to get stop playing Nintendo and come help clean up. He asked me what Nintendo was. I explained to him that he was playing Nintendo. He then told me that he was playing thw Wii. I mentioned that Nintendo was just another name for it, and then replied, "oh, is that how you say it in Spanish?" NO, that is English.

It has been a little strange to me raising kids. They sure make you feel old fast. We have been trying to explain to Hannah how a land line phone works. We showed her the plug and explained that it only works if you pay for it, but we decided to just pay for our cell phones. How easy it is to move along with modern technology and not really pay much attention to how much things are changing around us until you have an individual who has never experienced life any different than how it is right NOW. I suppose in many ways we are all like little children. All we know is what we know until someone teaches us something different.

Oh, how our children open our eyes and teach us!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I know what you mean! My 14 year old niece once got into our car and said, "UM, how do you roll down the window??" It wasn't automatic and she had no idea how to ROLL it down!
And my kids saw whole carrots at the store the other day and were amazed at how huge they were - I guess I only buy baby carrots.