Monday, June 22, 2009

Fahter's Day 2009

Oh, how we Love our DAD!




I am very lucky to NOT have married one of those guys. That gets home from work expects dinner on the table, and then as soon as they are done eating are of to sit in front of the TV for a couple of hours before retiring to bed.




So, what does Paul do when he gets home from work. Some days dinner is ready and on the table while other days he helps me finish things up and sometimes he even makes the dinner all together. He is wonderful to sit and talk to the kids about their day while we eat, and then he rinses, drys, and puts the dishes away while I wash. This is something we have done together from the very beginning. The thing I love the very most is that it is our time to talk to each other about our day. Once things are cleaned up it is not uncommon to find Paul reading, or playing some kind of pretend with Connor. He is great at taking time to read stories with the kids after helping to get pajamas on and brush teeth. I can not say that we have both been really happy when the kids finally could all get dressed without much assistants. Paul is very good at taking care of the evening things while I have attended meetings or rehearsals, and has been such a great support to make it possible for me to be involved in things that I really enjoy.




I really appreciate Father's Day. It give me a chance to reflect on all the many things I really appreciate from my husband. With that said I am happy to say,


"I MADE A GOOD CHOICE!"For breakfast we made Dad crepes' with strawberries and coolwhip. We all enjoyed a tasty breakfast together.

As for gifts we got Dad a baseball mitt, a football, a couple of shirts and a bunch of hugs and kisses. Paul has been very supportive through out the year as I have been involved in a few different plays. I thought it might be fun for Paul to know how much I want him to be able to be involved in things that he enjoys.

1 comment:

Adhis said...

Hooray for good choices!