Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

I love the start of a new year. My brother is getting baptized tomorrow and it has caused me to reflect on my own baptism. I was baptized Jan 1 1989. My birthday is actually in November, but the ward building we were attending at the time was under construction so my baptism had to be post pond. Because I had to wait my Mother thought it would be nice to have my special day on the first of the year.

So here we are again at the start of a new year! The unknown, isn't it a little bit exciting. There are a few things you can anticipate: Holidays, birthdays, maybe a vacation or two, work days, and laundry days. Some of the same old same old, but without question there will be some surprises. Hopefully some surprises will be good inevitably some will not be so good, but this is life.

This last week of December 2009 has been the best! Paul took the week of work. It has been so nice to have my family home. We have played together and worked together. I love the memories we are building with our kids, and I am really excited to have another year to continue building wonderful memories together.

Some of my excitement for the new year is probably due to the fact that for the last two years we have been telling are kids that when Bonnie is Four years old we will all go to Disney Land. It is hard to believe, but my little one turns four this year! I have only been to Disney Land once myself so I am very excited to go back and share the magic with my kids.

2009 a year full of magic and memories!

1 comment:

Adhis said...

Disneyland has a promotion going on right now. The first 1 million people (over age 6, I believe) to do a day of charitable service from their list of approved activities, gets a free pass to their park.

Thought I'd share!