Friday, January 8, 2010

It's All Becoming Clear!

Paul was one of those kids that started wearing glasses at age five.At age thirteen he switched to contacts. At age thirty-one he decided it was time to be done. Saying GOOD bye to contacts.

He had three long weeks of glasses. He was reminded of what a pain glasses are as he went out sledding with the family. What a good day January 8,2010 to take off his glasses one last time.

Paul's parents were great to come and help us get our kids off to school.



All checked in and now we wait.

Ready to go...






I got to come a long. He needed someone to give him a ride home.


He was in good hands.

Love the color.




The Doc. said that everything was good to go!

It was neat to watch the procedure on a TV. My kids always pull their eyelids down and say, "You can see my blood." As they pulled Paul's eyes back that was the first thing that came to my mind. I can see you blood. All in all the day has been good. The kids got off to school, and Paul is all ready seeing things more clearly. I am very excited for Paul to have this new year to enjoy without dealing with contacts and glasses.


Well, he traded glasses and contacts in for a couple of plastic covers. I am not sure that this is really a better look, but it's only for a few days. The redness however, may take a few weeks to clear up. It will all be worth it in the end!

4 comments:

Adhis said...

Wow- that first photo looks like your kids. Weird!

I'm glad you posted that last photo. Those are the biggest contacts I have ever seen! I hope he wears them this Sunday.

Allison said...

I do like the new look. I think you should wear those plastic things all the time. Maxx said he wants you to come to our house so he can see your new glasses. I am glad all went well.

Kat said...

I think that the plastic covers are VERY stylish. :) I think he should keep them. LOL I hope his surgery went well and he recovers quickly.

islandgirl said...

That was cool to see, now I know what I'm in for if I ever decide to go that route!