Friday, December 31, 2010

What a Wonderful Week!

This week did not go as planed. On Monday I received a phone call to let me know that a film I was a part of was going to be set back because of weather. I am thrilled for each opportunity I am given and I was crushed to find out that this opportunity would be put off. My sister was disappointed that she would no longer be needed to babysit. Paul was a Fabulous husband and aloud me to be a bit sad and did his best to cheer me up. I decided that I would be best off to use this week to get stuff done. Lucky for me the cold snowy outside made it easy to want to just stay home.

I love taking down from Christmas. It is amazing how much bigger and cleaner the living room looks when all the extra stuff is put away. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy having the cute decorations and things that sparkle all around the house for a month. However, I always look forward to putting it all away.

Our family was blessed with the stomach flu. It didn't last long, but it was really nice to have a couple of days just for our family. I believe just about everyone of Hannah's friends called that day, and the best part was when I had to tell them that she was sick and could not play Hannah didn't get upset. The kids spent the whole day just playing together.

This has been such a wonderful winter break. It has been so nice to have a break from homework. I have loved sleeping in. I think I have woken up around 8:50 almost everyday this week. I even took a little break from working out. Although, my body dose feel so much better after getting up and exercising this morning.

I am so grateful that I got to spend the last week of this year getting things more organized around my house. I feel like I have gotten things done and that is a good feeling. The challenge when it comes to organization, house cleaning, and trying to stay fit. None of these things last. They are all things that have to been done over and over again. What I know is that if you do a little at a time; put things away when your are done with them, clean the bathrooms and vacuum weekly, exercise and eat better foods it is so much easier to keep up with everything. It is when life gets too busy and we don't make time to simply keep up with life we no longer get to enjoy it. My Goal for this new year is to keep life simple. I have heard countless talks from leaders of the church trying to remind me that life needs to be simple. It is good to have some down time. The first thing for me to learn is that it is OK if I don't have a long list of things to do each day, but to make sure that I don't idle the time that I have away.

No comments: