Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas Card 2010

I was very excited to use photo shop to create our very own original Christmas card this year. We sent them out to family and friends, but I thought it might be fun to share it with those friends that live closer and didn't get a card from us. Paul read some where that the number of Christmas cards sent out this year were fewer from years past. They talked about how this may be due to face book and blogging. I guess it is nice that people keep in touch more than before simply because it is easy, but I don't think any thing is more fun than going to your mail box and pulling out a letter or card from family or friends. It is fun to have something tangible to hold on to and see and read how a family is doing. I know some people view that letters as brag letters, but I think it is wonderful to sit and think about all the good things that took place over the year. Taking time to show gratitude for they blessings that you have received. Our family had a very nice Christmas and I am very much looking forward to this new year, and what might be in store for our family both good and bad. We are currently dealing with things breaking around the house. Good thing we got a lower interest rate on our house, so that the extra money can go to repairs. I guess that is just the way things go. HAPPY NEW YEAR! Bring on the Good and the Bad we are ready for whatever experiences will come our way. In hopes that we can enjoy the good and learn from the bad!

3 comments:

Marcella said...

Amannda! I love your Christmas card. I must say I think you look the best in it! :) You really look fantastic!

Amber said...

I loved your card - - I'm so impressed that YOU designed it! Way to go... and I totally agree with you on receiving REAL, tangible cards in the mail, along with letters. Thanks for staying "old-fashioned" with me!

Janet said...

It looks great! I love Christmas cards.