Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I'm in Hawaii

Sunday, Father's day, Paul and I dropped the kids off with Paul's parents and left for Hawaii! It is beautiful. I could be a great beach bum. Maybe sum day I'll give it a try, but I'm grateful for a nice hotel to stay in. I spent yesterday out by the pool. I started the book twilight, thanks to Heather English. It's been fabulous to have something fun to read while I get a sun burn. My sun burn actually isn't too bad. I put on sun block most of the day. Couple of things I am grateful for: the hot sunshine, a smart husband, and reading group that got me reading just in time for a little trip with Paul. That makes me very grateful for good friends. Paul is ready to eat, and just mentioned that this is not quick. I'm off to get lunch!

5 comments:

Adhis said...

ENJOY IT!

David has been trying to get me to Hawaii for a couple years. I'm such a lame-o. I finally agreed last fall to go that winter, and I got pregnant. When it comes to postponing a relaxing vacation, if it's not one Adhis, it's another.

Aubrey said...

I'm so jealous! We went last year, and I've been dying to go back since we left. I actually cried when we left to come home...

Tanya said...

lucky! and twilight is a good book to read when your children aren't around. if they are around like mine were, you just let the house go to shambles for a 2-3 days, and then recover.

Christi said...

Soak up enough sun for me, too,K?

♥Concerned♥ said...

Yay! I am going in 3 days!! So excited! But nervous about leaving the kids. Glad you got a vacation!

p.s. i let my house go to shambles for 3 days EVERY WEEK! lol It's called graveyard shift! BOO :(