Thursday, June 12, 2008

Hannah's Kindergarten Graduation


Hannah's kindergarten teacher Mrs. Peck!


Hannah is officially done with kindergarten. She was in Mrs. Peck's pm class. I was a bit unhappy with the fact that Hannah was going to be in afternoon kindergarten. Moving into our home in April caused us to miss the registration and therefor get afternoon. Now that school is over I can honestly say that I loved the afternoon schedule. We had easy going mornings, and quite afternoons. The schedule kept me home, and helped me realize how simple life can be.

It was a little surprising to realize just how small Hannah is. As she made friends with the other kids her age I was sure most of them should be in first or second grade. When most of your family is short you don't feel out of place until you go outside your door. Hannah had a wonderful time making new friends at school. She not only made friends with kids in her class, but kids in other classes and a few in other grades.

Hannah's biggest accomplishment for kindergarten was learning to read. This is something she has wanted to know how to do since she was little. It has been so much fun to watch Hannah pick out books and be able to sit down and read them. Both Connor and Bonnie are spoiled to have there big sister spend time with them reading books.

It sure is fun to watch your little one GROW UP!

4 comments:

Tanya said...

Amannda, how are you! you and your family look beautiful. i'm so glad i found your blog. i'll definitely be checking on you and you fam. you are so gorgeous and you kids look alot like you...i guess i'm biased. i'm sure they look like paul too:)

Janet said...

Amannda, I hope you don't mind that I peeked at your blog... I am so happy that Abby is finished with Kindergarten. All of your wood crafts look super cute. You have an amazing talent! Oh and this is a bit late but thank you for making me go to the relief society retreat (I know it was a LONG time ago) It was great. :)

Jenn said...

WAY TO GO HANNAH!!! No more half days of kindergarten you are moving up. I here the best part of first grade is 3 Recesses and you get to eat lunch there. Keep up the reading and I hope you enjoy first grade as much as you did Kindergarten.

sweet nectar sara said...

wow, what a small world, i love finding new blogs :) your kids are so cute and you look great.