Friday, June 13, 2008

Mother of Three

I've never just taken a moment to go off, so here it is. It is just after 10:00 pm yes for me that is late. However, Paul is at the ward camp out with Hannah and Connor. I hope all is well. As for Bonnie and I we attended my sisters dance recital. I packed a few snacks and hoped that Bonnie would make it through the evening. She was so much fun! We arrived around 4:30, and waited seventeen dances to watch my sister. At that point Bonnie and I left with my Dad to get some dinner. I love spending time with my Dad. Specially when I am by myself. He is a very positive person, maybe at times too positive, but he's fun to talk with. If you know anyone that is willing to try anything, not afraid of anyone, and realizes that the very worst thing that could ever happen is maybe someone will tell you NO. Well, that is my DAD! Bonnie had a good time with Grandpa too. I know because once we got back to the dance recital she spent probably half of the time while we were there on his lap.

Ok, so you may be wondering why I titled this Mother of three. Simply because that is what I am almost every day, but tonight I was a mother of one. I'm sure many mothers with more than one child can relate to the fact that when you have that first baby it seems like there is never enough time. How do you make sure that this tiny little thing is taken care of and by the way still take care of yourself. Then the most amazing thing happens you have two children and now not only do you have to take care of a baby, but you become very creative finding ways when you can get in the shower and make sure that the older child is not going to try to push the younger one back under the bed. I have to say that I was shocked when I had my third baby and actually felt like I had all kinds of time to sew and scrapbook. And then there are those special days like today when one of the kids goes over to a friends house or for some reason I only have one child to pack in and out of the car. I realize that I have actually began to concur some of the challenges that come with being a mother. My biggest fear is forgetting all of these things that I have learned in my twenties and by the time my children have children wondering why in the world are they complaining about how hard it is to be a parent? It was a piece of cake. Well, I would like to implant in my brain tonight. Yes, being a parent can be very challenging. The children are forever changing from day to day. What works one day no longer works the next. However, as the children are changing and growing so am I. Not every day it's for the better. Some days are down right bad, but there are a lot more good days than bad. It was a lot of fun this evening being a mother of one, but I am so happy that when I get up tomorrow I'll still be a Mother of Three.

5 comments:

♥Concerned♥ said...

I totally know the feeling. A few weeks ago Josh took the boys to the father son camp out. Gwennie and I had a "girls' night" scrapbooking. Then we slept on the pull out sofa together. She was so much fun, but I missed my boys so much! I love being a mother of three!

Amanda said...

Hey there Ashby Family...found your blog while blog surfing. Looks like all is well. I can't believe how big your kids are!!

Jenn said...

I too am thankful to be a Mom of Three. I do love the one on one times. It seems like a break but as much as I love it I can't imagine life with any less then three. Thanks for reminding me of how lucky I am.

Kat said...

I love the way you write. It totally puts everything into perspective. There are those days that you just take a look back and realize how much you have learned and how lucky you are in life. Thanks for reminding me too, about how blessed I am. :) I have to tell you that your daughter was so cute at the campout. She came up and had to show me her collection of inch worms. Not only did she hold them, but then she totally giggled as she told me that they "tickled". :) What a doll.

Tanya said...

now i remember why i like you so much. you have a good and beautiful head on those shoulders. i'm sure you are a wonderful mom, and that we can all evolve with our children. that was a good post.