Monday, October 13, 2008

Finding a Costume

Connor is has happy as can be. For some reason this year he decided that he wanted to be a skeleton. He like the idea of people thinking that he is scary. I was more than happy to allow him to be a skeleton when I came across a neighbor who had these fun skeleton custom/pj's. I figure $12 for his costume which when the night is over he can wear as pajamas is a great deal.

In the past I was under the impression that buying customs was no big deal after all I have three kids and some of the costumes they can pass down to the next child to be worn in one to two years latter. Well, I am realizing that this is NOT going to work. Hannah was very excited the year she got to dress up as a Pooh bear bubble bee, however, Bonnie has no intentions of being this cute Little character. Her character is much more like the mean little bubble bee coming after the Phoo bear than the cute little bear that is just trying to get a bit of honey. Bonnie has decided that she would much rather be a princess. Lucky for Bonnie we own a large box of dress up clothes and it wont cost me any more to make her a princess than it would for her to be a Phoo bear bubble bee. Hopefully she will be a princess with a beautiful smile on her face. Whatever she is for Halloween there is no question that is will be full of personality!


8 comments:

Jenn said...

Great idea to make costumes out of PJ's! That picture of Bonnie is great I'm still laughing.

Englishfam said...

Bonnie is seriously hilarious!! I love that girl! She really does have so much personality, it's so funny.

becky said...

That is the cutest picture even if Bonnie did look upset. Her pouty face is adorable.

Allison said...

Bonnie is too funny!! Give her a big kiss from me. I love that picture. Tell her she can play with worms if she'll be the pooh bee! She might like it then. Hey, if you have any Fantastic 4 costumes in your dress up box maybe you could send them my way. David is set on our kids being the Fantastic 4. ( I don't even know who these people are, except for pictures.) But we will see. He even dyed Micah's hair red with permanent dye to be Fire boy or something. Those pictures will be on my blog one day!! Micah in red hair is not my favorite look. You've got to love husbands.

Amber said...

I'm on the same page as you for Halloween costumes - I don't like to spend much money on them! And, I was hoping we could pass them down, too - - but my kids have other ideas. Bonnie is adorable! I love that Conner wants to be scary - he's so cute. Can't wait to see their final decisions...

Aubrey said...

OH. MY. GOSH! That picture of Bonnie is hysterical!!! She is so funny! That's about the same look I would get from Hailey if I tried to put her in something like that! :) SO FUNNY! I'm still laughing!!

Heidi said...

What a cute little bee! That picture is priceless!

Tanya said...

where can i find those cute pjs? larkin wants to be a skeleton, but i didn't want anything scary, let me know.