Monday, October 13, 2008

First SNOW!!!

Getting dressed to play in the snow is A LOT of work!









I am an individual who wakes up in the morning sees snow on the ground and reply, "oh crap!" I hate dealing with the snow. It is cold, slippery, and wet. However, I was raised with a mother who LOVES it. It was not uncommon for my mother do declare a snow day. This meant that you didn't have to go to school so that you could stay home and play in the snow. After all there are days that if you don't get out there and play in it early it will be gone by after noon. I was not excited about snow days. I hated missing school. The idea of making up the school work seemed like a chore. I recall one snowy day being late to school because my Mom needed to build a snowman before she could take us.




Because of my Mom's playful childlike personality when it comes to snowy days it is easier for me to make sure that my kids get the chance to get out there and play in the snow before afternoon when the snow will probably be all gone, and like my Mother they LOVE it!




The one thing I really enjoy about snowy days is: taking pictures of my kids out playing in that cold, slippery, wet stuff!


Hannah made a cute Little snowman! Her Grandma Pam would be very proud of her!

6 comments:

islandgirl said...

You're so good to have gone outside and taken pics, I just stayed inside where it was nice and warm! I didn't know you had a trampoline in your backyard either!

becky said...

so cute. Hannah is so big. I took picts when it was snowing and then didn't get more when there was actually some on the ground. I am a slacker mom. That was a fun story about your mom.

Allison said...

If you lived in Vegas you would never have to play in the snow. You could be lucky like me!!! I would have loved it if my mom let me stay home from school. You are crazy!!

Kat said...

I totally went outside with Caden too. :) I love playing outside in the snow. I loved it. Your pictures are so fun. Good job in letting your kids enjoy the snow.

Adhis said...

That's an adorable little snowman!

Brennda said...

Luckily Zach is too little to know that playing in the snow could be fun. Your kids are so cute. I guess I'll have to get Zach a snow suit since we are living at mom's the other kids are bound to show him that it is something he'll want to do. Maybe I can convince mom to take him to play so I can stay inside and be warm.