Monday, October 27, 2008

Just a thought

To choose or not to choose is still a choice. I have had a lot on my mind this month, and it all goes back to choices. "If you want to be Happy, BE!" At times it all sound so simple.

My life is made up of daily choices I have made over the last well almost 28 years. Some small choices some large, but all the same those choices all added up make up the person I am right now.

We are taught in the scriptures choose you this day who you will serve. In this life of uncertainty my Father in Heaven has given me agency, the power to choose. With this comes responsibility. We must learn when to say yes and when to say no. Last week at Hannah's school they had red ribbon week. They were instructed to say "NO" to drugs. As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints I have known the importance of keeping the word of wisdom even before I start grade school. However, I am still learning how imprtance it is to say no when I just cannot do any more. As a Mother you learn very quickly that life truly is a balancing act. You can only keep so many things going at a time, but lucky for me I get to choose which things to keep juggling and what I want to drop. Maybe I'll pick some of those things up at another time, and maybe not. The real trick is making a good choice of what to keep. I recall the counsel of choosing the "Best" things. It is easy to get overwhelmed with the demands of life, but taking responsibility and being aware that my life is what it is because of the choices I have made. Maybe some days that is very depressing, but hopefully more often than not I will discover that I have made some pretty good choices and with those choices have come wonderful blessings from my Father in Heaven. At that point it will be easier to keep making those choices that bring happiness into my life. The bottom line is that I get to CHOOSE!

9 comments:

Allison said...

Sometimes I choose a nap while the kids are awake. And when I wake up to find a tornado has struck the house and the kids are laughing, I realize that was a BAD choice. :) Thanks for the thoughts! Have a Happy Halloween!

Kat said...

I like your thought. I have also learned, although it was HARD, that I do have to say no from some things. Despite how good it is, there is just not enough time to do everything that I would like to. :) Thanks!

becky said...

I am so glad that I found you. Thanks for your thoughts today. It is nice to see the positive side to these thoughts that can be overwhelming to LDS women.

Janet said...

I love reading your blog, especially this one! Great thoughts!

Marcella said...

You're the best Amanda! Does this mean you have chosen to stop buying drugs from me! Just kidding. No, I totally agree, that is Christ's whole plan, he wants us to have choice and accountability, satan wanted it to be opposite, so CHOICE is AWESOME, except for when we have too many choices, like at the candy store, I never know which flavor I want.

Joyful Mother of Children said...

I truly believe that choice is important. Did you choose to not put me on your blog list? LOL

Chris and Kat said...

I think what you are really saying is that you don't want to blog anymore. :) Love the insights keep them coming.

becky said...

i tagged you.

Brennda said...

I tired to do a slie show. It was pretty simple to do it from the site that I went to. But I think not the cutest. It kind of works a little weird with the webpage. Anyway, it automaticaly creates a link so if you want to try and do one you can go to my blog and click creat your own.