Friday, September 18, 2009

I survived!!!

I actually made it three weeks with out my husband. I can honestly say that I had some very very bad days, but there were some good days too. It is crazy to think that when Paul left Connor had only gone to school for two days, and now it is almost a routine.

I am so grateful to have a husband to share responsibilities with. I did end up going three weeks with out mowing the lawn, lucky for me it really isn't growing too fast right now. I did manage to put the trash out all three weeks, but I must say that I did forget to get the mail many days.

I put rice on to cook and remembered to actually turn it to cook, and because strawberries were only a $1.00 I bought the stuff to have strawberry short cake. A favorite of mine this summer!

My kids have been counting down the days until Dad comes home. If there is one thing to be said is that when Dad is gone he is greatly missed! It makes me appreciate that he was only gone for three weeks!

5 comments:

Adhis said...

Seriously, can you imagine being without him for a year if he was a deployed soldier? Or two+ years if he was an LDS missionary when the Church was still young?

Aubrey said...

Where was he for 3 weeks??

WalkerPies said...

You should call or email me next time and I can give you some extra pointers! I've done lots of 3, 4 and 6 weeks with my husband gone!
I'm glad you made it though. It does give you a sense of accomplishment every once in a while!

Allison said...

I loved the pictures of Evelyn. Becky showed me some and they are darling. You are amazing. We need some updated family pictures so I might hire you out. Your scrapbook pages look fabulous. It looks like you are getting to know all those programs. My kids have been begging to play with your. So we need to make a date. ( My husband likes when I go on dates with others!!!)

Kat said...

Congrats on surviving. :) It's not easy, but it makes the coming home that much better.