Sunday, June 6, 2010

Something New

I really enjoy learning new things, and love to have a excuse to spend my time learning something new. My sister is getting married in July and needs a cake. I have wanted to become a better cake decorator for years and this has given me a great reason to try to improve my skills. I have done a few cakes for my kids birthdays, but nothing too fancy. Lucky for me my sister said she was OK with anything. I decided that I had better get learning. I spent this week learning how to pipe roses. My husbands brother baptized his boy this weekend and asked everyone to bring something to share after. I decided this was a great reason to make a cake using the skills I have learned through out the week.
Now to find a reason to make another cake!

6 comments:

Amber said...

It was delicious - as yummy as it is beautiful. You are sooooooooo talented at everything you try. It was fun to see you guys yesterday!

Heidi said...

I bet the family your husband home teachers would love a fancy cake. :)
Way to go, it really looks great!

Sarah said...

So beautiful! Good for you for learning something you've wanted to learn for so long.

Adhis said...

I like the spikes on the side. That way, the cake gets better traction when the kids roll it off the table.

P.S. The family you visit teach would love to be your guinea pigs for future cakes.

Janet said...

Wow! You are so good at everything. I took a cake decorating class in college that was so much fun, but I don't remember very much. Your cake looks great!

Kim said...

You are amazing!! That cake looks great!! i am VERY impressed!