Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Day

Paul and myself are not big with going to the cemetery. I know for some this is a tradition. We enjoy the time Memorial Day gives us to spend with the people we love and think of those that are no longer with us. My sister wrote this poem and shared it with my family. I am very grateful for my ancestors and those in the military that have allowed me to have the life that I enjoy.

Ten years ago this May
My grandma past way
I sit here and think how much she’s missed
How much I want to give her a hug and a kiss
Not so long ago, it feels
She helped me over come my fears
She was there to give loving advice
On the days the world seemed cold as ice
And so on this Memorial Day
I take a moment to stop and pray
Pray for the world she has left behind
Pray that the truth, someday I’ll find
Till then I send her all my love
As she watches us from above

by Suzanne Muir

No comments: