Tuesday, July 13, 2010

What have I learned this Summer

It has been a very busy summer for me. I have been given many opportunities to learn some new skills. Some of my big things I have accomplished.

I got to take bridal pictures for my sister Vannesa.



I got to attend the sealing of my sister and brother-in-law.


and take some pictures of them outside the temple.


This was one of my favorite pictures.


I could not be more grateful to my sister Anngela. She was the wedding planner.


I made my very first wedding cake. I feel like I took a little class on line. I am so grateful to all those people out there that put videos on the internet. It is amazing what you can learn with the help of the Internet.

I made my very first tie. I ended up helping to make about fourteen ties by the end of the wedding. I also enjoy having a reason to make my girls little outfits to match.


Tonight I am finishing up all the props I am over for the Cinderella production that I have been given the opportunity to direct. I made about 30 head bands. I engineered four wheels. Made two pumpkins and a carriage. I have done my best to instruct 40 kids how to sing, act, and stay put with their mouths closed for the past six weeks on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I am thrilled to see the show go on, and very excited to see it all together. I am sure like the wedding day it will not be perfect, but it will be a time in my life that I will always remember.

More than anything this last month I have been given a greater appreciation for all the talents and skills I have been able to develop. About 6 1/2 years ago I became a full time stay at home mom. I could not be more grateful for all that I have been able to learn during these years of being home. A few months ago I had a friend come over to teach how to make hair bows. It was funny as she told me that she was so impressed with the many things I have made. She recalled the many times in Young Women's that I would end up in tears over some project we were working on because I did not like how it turned out. I have always had a desire to be able to do projects and I am grateful that in time I have been blessed with the ability to serve others with the talents I have developed.

6 comments:

Tanya said...

seriously still in awe!!! i've since shown another friend what you showed me and have done quite a few flowers:) good job on developing more talents instead in burying it in the ground. loves.

Adhis said...

BRAVO! BRAVO!

Linds said...

Wow. What you've done is amazing. You are a one woman show!

Janet said...

WOW! You are so talented!

Amannda Ashby said...

I appreciate the WOW's. More than anything I am so happy to not have a headache.

Jackie said...

Geez, is there anything you DON'T do? Take a nap, or something.