Saturday, August 21, 2010

Insanity

It is hard to believe that summer is really coming to an end. My kids are delighted to be going back to school. It makes it a lot easier on me if they are happy about going. I think we have all been looking forward to getting back to a schedule. Paul was able to take three weeks of work this summer. We did lots of camping, family get together and a couple trips to Lagoon. We did well to schedule in a few days for house cleaning and laundry. I must say it made me a little nervous about Paul ever retiring. I kind of like my time. He told me that he can go golfing whenever I need some time of my own.

The other thing I quickly realized was that eating fun food for three weeks is NOT good for the waist line. After three weeks I was very ready to get back to working out. I have taken a few months off and my pants are just not fitting the same. I started back into Body for life, and decided that I had better get serious about what I am eating and working out if I really want to have the body I see in my head by the time I turn thirty. I have been told for years that getting the wait off only gets more difficult after turning thirty. I had decided a long time ago that I would not be having any more children after thirty and if I worked hard I could look good at thirty. In hopes that this will allow me to more easily stay in shape as I get older. I have been doing well for the last 2 1/2 weeks, and then my little sister told me about Insanity. I am not one who watches much TV, so I had not heard of this new workout program. It sounded difficult. However, I also know that if you want quick results in a short amount of time the program has to be a bit crazy. After much thinking and debate on getting money involved in my efforts of getting in shape I decided that this was something I really wanted to do. Being a money savy individual I was able to get the program off KSL. Allowing me to save money and have the program sooner.

Day 1- The fitness test. I thought I was going to throw up! I pushed myself hard. I feel like I did well, and I did not die. I am off to a good start. I am very happy that I have had these last two and half weeks to get myself into a bit better shape before starting this program. I worry a little about my knee, but I figure as long as I don't push myself too far the results will be worth it.

Day 2- Plyometric Cardio Circuit Honestly I could not keep up with the entire workout. I took A LOT of breaks, but again I survived. My body is very sore. This tells me that my muscles will be getting stronger as long as I can keep it up. I was a bit worried about the length of the workouts 45 to 60 minutes long. I typically do a 20 minute workout. After doing the workout I realize why they are so long. He takes you through a great warm up (Feels like a workout), stretching, workout, stretch. It is so much more like taking a class at the gym than a DVD workout. This is a sixty day program. I don't plan on blogging every day, but I think it will be good for me to be able to look back and see my results.

My goal is Thirty and Fit. Well, you know like a ROCK! A girl can dream.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Way to go! I've gained 10 pounds since I turned 30. I might have to try your workout out!

WalkerPies said...

Being 30 something, I can say the weight is a constant battle. I did really well after I turned 30 losing 50 lbs and keeping it off for 3 years. Then last year came and moving and all now I have 25 lbs to loose again. I hate having to think about it all the time, but it's just something that goes with the territory I guess. Love ya!

Sarah said...

I've done Insanity a couple times with Steve. Didn't love it. Don't get me wrong, it's a killer workout, I'm just more a of a yoga girl. Speaking of which, we miss you at yoga!

Allison said...

I totally know your pain. But you can do it. It does totally kick your butt, but makes you feel awesome!! I loved the first months workouts better than the second. I felt like I got a better workout in less time. Maybe it was just my mental process. But you can do it. I just realized that I do not even have time to get rock hard before I am 30. So I will have to settle for more of a sponge look. O well!! I am routing you on!!!