Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sometimes Dreams Do Come True

There are some things in life that you dream about doing. Ever since I was probably about twelve I have wanted to do some kind of video. That may sound silly to a lot of people, but for some reason it is something I have always wanted to do. As I have gotten older this dream or goal whatever you want to call it has not gone away. A couple of years ago I decided to get brave and go audition for a musical with the Lehi Art Center. I was very lucky to have a couple of friends to join me on this fun little outing. Singing is not one of my strongest talents, so this was very much out of my elemint, but I was more than happy to dance. I felt very lucky to part of the cast for the production of "Oklahoma". I had a lot of fun getting to know more people in the Lehi area and had the opportunity to be involved in a couple of different productions. With each production I hoped that some new experience would open up to me. Just a couple of months ago I had a chance to direct the Cinderella play. I was thrilled to again have been given a new opportunity to develop my talents. I recently auditioned for the play "Arsenic and Old Lace" I did not get the part. However, was very pleased that I had been considered out of three girls. I could not have been more happy to simply know that I did a really good audition.

Last week a friend of mine sent me an email regarding a company that was putting together a video. They needed a lady between the ages of 25-35 with dark hair with a daughter between the ages of 3-5 with dark hair. I was thrilled that my friend took the time to let me know about it. I figured nothing may come of it, but it was worth a try. I got the pictures together that I needed, with the help of my fabulous husband, and sent off my pictures and resume. They had said that they would reply back to everyone that responded and I was delighted that they followed through. They told me that they had received my email and would forward everything onto the director. I was more excited when they called me and said that they were considering me for the part. They came to our home. They also needed someone with a modern looking home that they could do the shoot at. They were pleased with the house and with us and I got the job!

Yesterday they came to do the shoot. I was very nervous. I have had a little experience in front of cameras, but this was a little different. Bonnie did very well. She is a fun little girl with a beautiful smile, but for this film there were some shots that she was supposed to be sad are upset. That was a little more tricky for her. Our family all got to participate in one or another. Paul was good sport. This is really more of my thing, but it means so much to me that he was willing to help out when needed. I was most worried about a scene that I needed to basically have a melt down. In the end it looked good. The crew seamed very pleased with everything, and I am so excited to have hopefully opened the door to more opportunity in the future.

3 comments:

Day Family Blog said...

Wow that is awesome! I don't have any big dreams like that. I guess I should find one and work towards it. Anyway you are awesome and glad that you have accomplished one of your dreams, hope you can do it again and again.

Adhis said...

Oh my gosh-- when you called yesterday, I had no idea what you were talking about. I would have given you my own computer chair instead of David's dingy one. I thought you were making a little home video with Bonnie for one of Hannah's school projects.

I told you I was sleep-deprived.

Amber said...

Wow!! So, when/where can we see your on screen acting debut? You are so stinking talented - I can't even pretend to keep up.