Thursday, November 11, 2010

Looking back over the last 10 years

20 years old. I had the wonderful opportunity to be crowned Miss West ValleyWhile 2o years old I agreed to take on a new name of Ashby

While 21 I took on the name of Mother.

22 years old. I graduated with an associate degree
23 years old. I became a mother to a son.
24 years old. I took my first trip to Disneyland.
25 years old. I had the privilege of having another beautiful girl.
My little potato girl, born while living in Idaho.
26 years old. I had the opportunity to be with family back in Utah. Paul and I learned new skills while moving into our home. After only a short three months of living in our new home I was called to serve as Relief Society President.
27 years old. I got involved in the Lehi Art Center Community Theater. With the production of Oklahoma. I loved that Hannah got to be in the show also.

While 27 I got to with my husband to Hawaii while he attended a conference for work.

28 years old. I began teaching gymnastics.

At 28 I was in Once On This Island with the Lehi Art Center
29 years Old. I got to go with my kids and Paul's parents to Disneyland.
I learned a little bit of tap dancing while being involved in the production of Singing In The Rain.
I have been so excited the last few months as I have had the opportunity to get involved in film.


I can honestly say that I have never been more excited for a new year. As I look back at the last 10 years of my life. One thing that is certain is that I have been very blessed. I am blessed to have a very hard working husband. Who also is very supportive. I have been given three wonderful children. I have been blessed with health. As I looked over pictures it is crazy the many different shapes and sizes my body has been over the last 10 years. It will never be what it was, but thanks to the insanity program my pants are fitting, and that would put a smile on any girls face.

I know if I continue to work hard and most importantly make an effort to follow promptings from the spirit. The next year, five years, or even 10 years will be just as good as the last ten!

3 comments:

Adhis said...

"follow promptings from the spirit"

Exactly correct.

Thank you for sharing this post. I tend to think I have not accomplished anything, but your post made me realize I tend to overlook what I HAVE contributed in this world.

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday! You are an amazing woman, when I grow up I hope to be just like you!

Amber said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Amannda!! You are soooo beautiful! I hope you're trying out for the New Testament movies they're making...everytime I see the poster at our church I think of you! You are super talented...I'll never ever be able to even pretend to keep up. We still need to get together.