Monday, November 22, 2010

One True Church?

At church Hannah's class talked but our church being the one true church. Hannah came home and had a very good question. She told me what she had been taught and was very worried about her Grandma Pam and Grandma Lois not going to the true church. I asked her if she knew what church they went to. I had the wonderful opportunity to talk to her. If we only had one building how we would we all fit. Just because our Grandmas do not attend our church building they go to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. This church is the only church that has the priesthood. We talked about how it might be confusing if we had more than one prophet. It gave me the opportunity to talk about other churches and explain that they all teach good things, but The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the only church run by a living prophet directed by Lord. This was one of those days that I can say, This is why we attend our church meetings each week. My children have the chance to go to class and have discussions. This allows them to begin to question things they are being taught, and I can not say how happy I was to be able to try to explain things to my daughter. What a wonderful opportunity to be a parent.


This was a drawing Connor made at church. It is Christ coming out of the Heavens surrounded by Angles.

No comments: