Monday, March 16, 2009

Nursery

With every calling comes challenges and things that you really enjoy. Being in the nursery is no different. I have the best Nursery Leader with me Paul. It is lots of fun to get to work together. This little experience is difficult to explain, but I needed to get it jotted down.

During our third rotation of nursery we have play time. There is a variety of toys that the kids can just play. Paul and I typically really enjoy this time. The kids play and we can sit and talk while refereeing. Well, they had a cute animal book that we have not seen in the room before. As soon as I began looking at it with one of the kids I had at three others eager to sit and talk about animal sounds with me. Some of the animals we really have no idea what sound they make. For example what does a guinea pig say? I don't know. We came to a page with a horse on it. I asked the kids, "What does a horse say?" Well, instead of saying nay I blowed air in my cheeks to make the sound the a horse makes when they sigh. At fist they looked at me like I was a little crazy, and then all of a sudden Lincoln Kruger gave it a try and I was quickly covered in spit. All Paul could do was laugh. I joined in and then we turned the page to find an animal that we could make a sound with out getting me all wet.

2 comments:

Chris and Kat said...

I love it!!! :) That is so funny!

Carrie said...

He's especially drooly right now, so sorry about that! He could have said "neigh" for you though. Thanks for all you do as a nursery leader. I know it's hard work.