Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring brings Bugs

It is really nice to finally be enjoying warmth outside. Yesterday was a beautiful day. Our kids enjoyed a picnic outside in the back yard and then spent sometime out swing on the swings. Hannah came running in at one point saying that we really needed to come out and see something cool. She had been swinging when all of a sudden a bee came flying by. She said she got a little nervous "Oh, a bee!" Until she saw the spider, and her response was "Oh, GOOD a spider." She watched as the spider grabbed hold of the bees head. She had us all come out and see how this spider saved her from the bee. She was very kind to warn me, "Mom, it's really cool, but a little bit gross." She was right. It was kind of cool to see a spider walking around with a bee sticking out of it's mouth, but it was really pretty gross.

It is very exciting to have the wonderful weather, but I have to say that I really am not excited to deal with the bugs again. My kids love them. I blame that on Paul and his Mom who really encourages the bug stuff. I should say that when I was a kid I did have a spider that my Mom let me keep in a jar. I probably didn't have it for very long, but it had a egg sack and it was really kind of cool to ran the jar outside to let all those little spiders fly away. Besides that experience with a bug most experiences are not good. For the most part bugs are ugly and annoying. But, I must say inspite of the bugs I do love spring.

1 comment:

Adhis said...

"Oh GOOD, a spider."
Now that's a phrase rarely uttered.