Tuesday, March 16, 2010

What's in a NAME?

We had a wonderful time at a the Ashby family get together. It was requested that our family do the chipmunk song again to share as a talent. The kids have had a fun time singing and dancing along to the chipmunks, and I have been happy that we have had such great use from our Halloween costumes. We got to hear many other talented family members share their talents. And then for the BEST part the kids got to eat LOTS of cookies!The kids love getting together with their cousins.
Great Grandma Ashby and the kids
Lately of been thinking about names. Hannah was talking to me yesterday about her name and asking why I named her Hannah and why I named Bonnie her name. Most of our names have a story behind them why our parents choice the particular name they did for us. We our born into a family and get a last name, and then being a girl my last name was changed. I have often heard of parents talking with their children about the importantce of honoring their name. I always tried to be a good kid. In hopes that as my siblings went to school and other activities as teachers and leaders met them for the first time they would have a good opinion of who a MUIR child was. Now I feel that responsibility to teach my children the importance of honoring their name. I have the privilege to have the last name belonging to a wonderful family. They are a family with many talents and lots of love to share with others. I am so grateful to Paul's Grandma and my children's Great Grandma. She is a women I admire so much. She has taken time to write a book that has given me insight to who she is, she has made music Cd's, sewn barbie clothes for my girls, and gave Connor a book with wonderful stories she has written. She is a women who worked hard and sacrificed for her family. I feel very lucky to be part of family such a wonderful family.

No comments: