Monday, September 22, 2008

Crazy Little Swimmer

Any one that new me in High School probably was aware that I grew up with a swimmers. I was put on a swim team at around age 8 to help build strength and endurance for gymnastics. I love to swim or be in the water. When I quit gymnastics around age 13 I took up diving. It was a good sport combination with swimming and gymnastics. Not only do I really enjoy swimming, but I love being out in the sun. Because of all of those reason and I wanted to have something fun to do with my kids this last summer we got a pass for the American Fork swimming pool. I chose this outdoor pool because it has a great kids area and a diving board.

The kids and I spent many days out swimming. Hannah truly became a mermaid. She started going under and touching her nose to the bottom of the pool and finally really trying to swim. Connor is a bit more cautious he kept his life jacket on most of the summer. He did finally take it off so that he could try his spider man kick board. Bonnie was only found twice with her face under the water. She learned very quickly the importance of swimming close to mom. She really enjoyed playing in the area with the handicap ramp and even got brave enough to go down the little red slide.

Bonnie quickly figured out how to put her swimsuit on all by her self. For much of the summer she ran around the house in her silver little swimsuit. I really didn't mind so much, but now that it is starting to get colder it is becoming a problem. Every morning this crazy little swimmer wakes up and asked "Can I go swimming?" I then respond "It is too cold." and she tells me "Not for me!" We made a compromise and let both her and Connor go swimming in the bath tub. The nice thing is that I don't have to fight her to take a bath because she cries for two or three baths a day. The challenge is keeping her out of the bathroom. I found her today with swimsuit on in the tub with two little toys. At least it's GOOD CLEAN FUN!!!

6 comments:

Aubrey said...

HOW FUN! Hailey is quite the little fish too! The only thing is, I'm TERRIFIED of the water, and she makes me SOOOO nervous!

becky said...

I can't believe how big they are. Has it really been that long. I am in the Ranches Eagle Mountain. So not far. We should hang out sometime.

Heidi said...

We did swimming lessons at the AF pool and really liked it! Cute little fish in the tub!

Adhis said...

Cute!

How did the Spiderman kickboard work out in the tub?

Kat said...

Your kids are hilarious! I love the fact that they have to have their swim suits on in the tub too. :) What fun!

Amber said...

I'm so surprised that I didn't run into you at the AF Pool this summer. I felt like we were there every day! Next summer, we'll have to plan to run into you! :) Well, actually, I like the winter swim lessons - so maybe we can get together and swim in the winter sometime, too. Your kids are darling and growing SOOO fast!