Monday, September 29, 2008

Creation! I learned so much about myself at the Women's session of conference. In the past two years I have commented often that I really enjoy taking "unorganized matter" and turning it in to something new. It was eye opening to realize that creating is a god like characteristic. It makes since that we have great satisfaction when we accomplish things. These two little hot pads are a great example for me of the purpose of relief society. A sister in my ward showed compassion as she took time out of her daily routine and shared her talents and knowledge with me and other sisters in the ward. In return we gained new knowledge and had the chance to create.
I also learned that creation isn't all about"projects" or "talents" it can be something as simple as putting a smile on someones face or creating harmony in our homes. As we also show compassion and serve our family and people around us we will become more like our savior.

During the Sunday school lesson a question was brought up about how we can remember the spiritual experiences we have. We have be told of the importance of recording the things we are being taught. On Saturday I was reminded of the importance of being in the right place and the right time. I really wasn't in the mood to go sit and listen. I really just wanted to go to bed. With some encouragement form my husband I changed into a skirt and headed for the stake center. I was a little late, so the meeting had all ready begun. I slipped into a seat. I was pleased to be able to sit all by myself with no distractions from listening. I wasn't surprised when the final speaker spoke words of finding God like happiness. I am sure their are probably other individuals through out the world that also needed to hear of his words, but for me it seamed at that time that his talk was written for me. His instructions were simple, and I felt like I maybe could possibly do the things he encouraged. I can do two simple things to be more like my Heavenly Father. I will continue to create things: projects, happy children, a good family. And I will continue to serve others with love.



3 comments:

becky said...

I miss you and your amazing spirit.

sweet nectar sara said...

great thoughts, i really like the creation aspect too :)
i'd like to get some lotion with your mary kay if you're still doing it. let me know,
chinnms AT gmail.com

Allison said...

Great job. You are amazingly crafty- I love it. You are also very spiritual. You have some fantastic thoughts. Thank you for sharing them. I also love to see the girls playing with the worms. That is awesome!! I remember one time getting after the boys for putting worms and potato bug in the milk box. Madison finally admitted that it was her. Silly girls. They are all so cute. Give them all a kiss from their aunt Allison. I hope they haven't forgotten us. We love them so much.