Friday, May 8, 2009

Break Through with Potty Training!

This is a day that I have been looking forward to for very long. I have been trying to potty train Bonnie for months. My sweet little three year old has been able to pee in the potty, but as she puts it her poop says "NO". I have been telling her for the last couple of days that she needs to tell her poop to say "yes". Bonnie has also explained to me that she only does one thing in the potty that is "pee", NOT two things like Mom, and Dad, and Hannah, and Connor. I have also explained to her that she is a big girl and needs to do TWO things in the potty like everyone else.

Today Bonnie woke up and to her surprise she did not have any more clean underpants. Her older sister was very nice to share a pair with her. Through out the day I reminded Bonnie how mad and sad Hannah would be if she didn't keep her underwear clean. Bonnie had done such a great job running in and going to the potty, even at times all by her self. Around 5:30 I was busy sewing, and Paul was just getting home from work. I hear Paul announce "she pooped in the potty!" I ran into the bathroom and sure enough, she finally did it! She has had many things promised to her if she will just go poop in the potty. I am now off to buy The Little Mermaid Three movie, and a very special treat.

This is only day one, but I must say that I couldn't be more happy! I have looking for Mother's day, and the chance I will have to attend Relief Society. I have not been in Relief Society for about four months now, and I must say that I was really hoping to have the chance to share my good news minute that I was finally done with diapers! Now that I got the exciting news out I don't have to take away from the one minute. But, I must say that Bonnie sure did give me a great Mother's day gift this year. Now all she has to do is keep it up!

7 comments:

Chris and Kat said...

May I be the first to say...WOOOOHHOOOOO!!! That is Fabulous!!! I think her body saying NO and you telling her to tell her body yes is sooo cute. Happy Mother's Day! :)

Sarah said...

Best Mother's Day gift ever! YAY!

Helen said...

I think once they poop in the potty once and see that it's not so bad they do it more often!! We bribed Kaden too so he would do #2 in the potty. I will never forget driving to Walmart at like 10:00 or 10:30 at night to get his transformer!

Adhis said...

So this is what motherhood breaks down to? Cheering for poop?

Ok... I'll join.

Marcella said...

YAY! GO BONNIE GO!

Amannda Ashby said...

I find at times Motherhood is a CRAPY job, but someone has to do it!

becky said...

So exciting. I am there with you. Landon tells me it is too hard to poop in the potty and easy to poop in his pants. I am hping to have our breakthrough soon.