Sunday, January 18, 2009

I lost my child at church today!

Today was Paul and myself very first day as official nursery leaders. I had prepared the five minute lesson, and I think it went well. Did they learn anything. I don't really know, but for the most part they were quite. As we moved from room to room the kids as a whole really did well. We only had a couple that really had break downs today. The two hours were up and most of the kids had been picked up when we remembered that we had our own children that needed picked up from their classes in order to allow their teachers to go home. I got Connor from his class, and Paul said that Hannah would come to the nursery. Well, she never showed up. We then began to walk around the church in search of our daughter. I was beginning to worry. Where in the world could she have gone. When all of a sudden I remembered. Hannah hadn't come to church with us. She stayed the night at her Grandma's house. Knowing that she was safe we processed home.

Lucky for us we never really lost Hannah she was gone all along.

8 comments:

islandgirl said...

That makes me laugh! The first time we did Nursery, we really DID lose Kalel. We didn't know where his new class was, and were wandering the halls looking for him when his teachers found US!

Heidi said...

I needed to hear this! SOmetimes I feel so flaky as a mom, it's good to know I'm not alone!

Chris and Kat said...

:) I lost Cooper last week! Even though you are at church it is still scarey. I am glad Hannah was safe.

Kat said...

That is so funny! I am glad to hear that she really was safe and taken care of.

Amber said...

I love that you are nursery leaders - - I think ALL moms have moments of memory loss that make us feel so spacey. I got your message a week or so ago...just never called you back - - so sorry! Call anytime. :)

becky said...

isn't that so scary when you don't know where they are for even a few seconds.

kitty said...

Amanda,

Great story!! Makes me feel better about our episodes. Last month we left our friends home late at night- a few minutes later they called us to tell us we left a child behind. We were almost totally turned around when we realized they were joking. So Nursery? Does this mean that you were released as R.P? If so, I bet you feel some relief. Take care

joce

Allison said...

That is hilarious! When did you become nursery leaders? Did they release you from Relief Society? We need to swap stories! We have 20 kids in our class Senior Nursery- (luckily we have had some missing for the last couple of weks) and most are boys so it is a lot of energy!!! AKA kicking, hitting, fighting, jumping off the table, opening the door and running down the hall, etc. Ok I am exaggerating a little.