Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Fairy Party

About six months ago Bonnie attended a friends birthday party and they had a fun fairy party. Bonnie decided then that for her next party she wanted to have a fairy party. I made Bonnie this cute little dress and then had her take pictures. I realized as soon as I uploaded the pictures that we did not put the wings on . This mistake became the theme for Bonnie's party. We made up a cute invitation and waited for the day to arrive. Hannah was excited to get a fairy out fit too. I was happy to make her one. I made Bonnie's first and when I was done she honestly could have cared less. I probably spent more than 10 hours sewing this dress and she didn't care! Lucky for me the second one went much faster and once they were both done Hannah was very excited to put her dress on and Bonnie's excitement greatly increased.
The girls love to have a turn making silly faces. I figure it is the least I can do as long as they will continue to let me take pictures.

For the party I made necklaces with activities to get passed off to earn their wings.
The first activity was to get their face painted with a little green vine.
The second activity to was to learn how to dance like a fairy
For the third activity the fairies all got to eat pizza.
And for the final activity they played pin the wing on the fairy. I had an 8x10 of this picture of Bonnie made and then we made paper wings for each girl. Bonnie ended up with wings all over her, but the girls had a fun time playing.
For the cake we went with cupcakes this year. I got these cute little chocolate molds and made these chocolate crowns. The girls ate them up, so they must have been good.


Paul also got to be the the videographer while I took pictures. I can say that I put the party together, but I would not have been able to pull it off without his help.
I got this great idea of familyfun. com. To make These cookie wands. Each girl got to take one home with her at the end of the party. I could not have been more happy that they worked. I was worried that they would be too hard or break off, but they were pretty soft and held up great. We fed the kids pizza for dinner. Paul was a great helper. He got to be the pizza deliver man for the night and also ended up with the clean up job. Hannah and I kept the party going and Paul cleaned up a long the way. ALL OF THE LITTLE FAIRIES WITH THEIR WINGS!

1 comment:

Adhis said...

This is so cute! I can see why you were excited to share about it at Good News Minute.

You are very talented and definitely driven. This looks like a great party!